The TokenEngineering Academy (TE Academy) offers lectures, workshops, and seminars for anyone interested in this new, emerging field. We invite individuals and project teams to learn, collaborate, and put token engineering into practice. Please get in touch if you'd like to bring your team to TE Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Defining Success and measuring value add in DAOs
- The Challenge of Rewards Systems
- Community Evolution
- Intrinsic/Extrinsic Motivation
- Information overload and steering activities
- Ownership Rewards, power distribution and equal opportunitites
- DAOs and UBI
…plus case presentations and tools!
@Owocki / GitcoinDAO
@Liviade / TECommons
@pet3rpan / MetaCartel
@keikreutler / Zodiac
@duartedao / TheDAOist
@fifthworldzach / Coordinape
...and many more!
Date: Friday, Dec 10, 2021
Time: 11:30noon-08:00pm UTC
➡️ Registration: https://forms.gle/GgrVAHVtCDGjjQbb7
Today, more and more blockchain projects are relying on decentralized governance as the form of decision-making for their protocol. This means handing power to tokenholders, delegates, or even joining forces and voting with other DAOs.
While this is an exciting trend, we're also faced with new challenges like defining effective voting mechanisms, maximizing community participation, or fighting voter fraud. To tackle these challenges, we need experts in Token Engineering - the Governauts, as we are shaping a new social reality.
The Governauts Rewards Systems Research Initiative is a 3-months program to explore incentives in a DAO context.
Rewards Systems are a key element for DAOs to grow the ecosystem value, reward contributors, and grant decision-making power (governance tokens) to those who provide value to a DAO.
In this program, we'll explore different DAO cases, analyze data, design mechanism improvements and verify our assumptions with experiments in real-DAO environments.
Here's what you can expect:
- get an in-depth introduction to various DAO rewards systems in production, and discuss with DAO stakeholders
- learn to explore DAO data and verify our assumptions about DAO contributors
- meet other Governauts and collaborate on new token-based compensation mechanisms
- learn how to model rewards systems and apply your cadCAD skills!
This is a multidisciplinary program! We welcome co-researchers from many fields, like behavioral economics, (computational) psychology, sociology, game design, engineering, math, data analytics or computer science - and of course: DAOists!
Start: Tuesday, Nov 16, 2021
End: Thursday, Feb 24, 2022
Duration: 12 weeks
Time investment: ~15 hours/week on average
Skills: Data Analysis, Python, Math & Statistics, cadCAD, and/or tokenSPICE most welcome, but not mandatory
Registration: Registrations are closed now - we've selected all community researchers for this program. All work sessions are open for anyone interested - join our Discord to follow the discussion: https://discord.gg/MQngXPct
The Token Engineering Academy is partnering with Reflexer Labs and BlockScience to host a 3-session workshop on the RAI protocol cadCAD digital twin.
The recently open sourced model is ripe for exploration and tinkering. These workshops will cover an introduction to the RAI Protocol and a walk-through on how to execute & modify the model itself.
The RAI Workshop series has been hosted in November 2021 - the recordings of all sessions are available at our YouTube channel
➡️ FINAL PRESENTATIONS: Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 3pm UTC
➡️ Add to your calendar here.
HydraDX is a cross-chain liquidity protocol managing all assets in one shared liquidity pool. It is powered by Substrate and designed to be interoperable with other networks, including Ethereum-based assets.
HydraDX is being built under a rigorous engineering process, collaborating with BlockScience, whose work includes the design and evaluation of economic and ecosystem models based on simulation and analysis. They bring deep expertise in Token Engineering R&D and have pioneered cadCAD - an open-source Python package that assists in the processes of designing, testing, and validating complex systems through simulation.
This research group aims to onboard aspiring token engineers to this development process. Together, we’ll create new insights, develop simulation infrastructure, and validate design choices — accessible and re-usable for the entire DeFi ecosystem.
What you can expect
- start with an introduction to...
- Hydra AMMs and the liquidity subsystem
- the engineering process and system design
- Generalized Dynamical Systems (state representation, actions, policies, and behaviors)
- mathematical system specification and reference implementations
- Parameter Selection under Uncertainty
- choose your research question, and team up with co-researchers with complementary skills
- use cadCAD and translate your research direction to simulation code step-by-step
- get regular feedback and discuss your work with BlockScience mentors and HydraDX team
Start: Thursday, August 5, 2021
End: Thursday, October 28, 2021
Duration: 12 weeks
Time investment: min. 10 hours/week, 2-3 meetings per week
Skills: Python, cadCAD, solid understanding of AMMs
Background: Ideally, you have an educational background in finance, economics, math, engineering, machine learning, or computer science. Additionally, we are open to participants from other disciplines, in particular social sciences.
Number of participants: max. 25
Registration: The program concluded in October 2022, but our session recordings are available here, feel free to drop by and listen in!